|Pr. Leonard Sumatau|
The purpose of the Department of Stewardship is to assist the North East Papua Mission administration in accomplishing the mission of the church through leadership training and the education of church members in stewardship principles.
“Committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ through the integration of the Gospel into the Christian lifestyle, we emphasize stewardship as partnership with God.”
“Lordship of Jesus Christ” Letting Jesus be the Lord of the Universe and Lord and King of our lives or putting God first in our lives. Matthew 6:33 “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.”
GOALS and OBJECTIVES:
- Spiritual Leadership and Development
- Biblical Stewardship
- Increase from 10% to 20% biblical understanding of Stewardship.
- Train local church stewardship leaders in all local churches (Training & Reporting)
- Increase from 30% members returning tithes & freewill offerings to 40 or 50% faithful and committed givers (Financial Support).
- Self-employment opportunities for unemployed urban Adventist community and viable market for rural Adventist community (Financial Support).
- Practical Stewardship
- Training of Leaders and Pastors
- Meaningful Worship